We reviewed Lumière by nebulus design for the iPhone just after its initial release. Just recently an update was released. Here is what’s new in version 1.1:
- New filters: TV lines, Newspaper Print, Magazine Print;
- Optimized engine and controls;
- Adjust filter with the newly introduced effect slider;
- Set focus by tapping;
- Set exposure by double tapping;
- Choose among different resolutions (1024×768, 1600×1200, 2048×1536);
- Better stability in photo sharing;
- Detailed in-app guide;
- Bug fixes.
Even though you can now select resolution — still no full resolution for iPhone 4 users — and a few filters were added in version 1.1, the overall quality of the effects seem to be unchanged from the first release. Also, I have experienced a few slowdowns and the app crashed on me a few times, especially after pressing the shutter button and when trying to send higher resolution images via email.
Still, it’s good to see the developer is eager to get feedback from users, therefore I am looking forward to further improvements.