Creating photo albums on the iPhone is actually rather simple and straightforward. However, it seems that for some users the album creation process is not very obvious. This is a very quick tip and most of you probably know about it, but hopefully readers who have been asking through email and in older posts will find it useful.
- Go to “Photos”. Once you’re within the app, enable the “Albums” view — if you haven’t done so already. By default, you just have the “Camera Roll” and the “Photo Stream” albums. Tap on the “Edit” button at the topmost right corner of your screen.
Note: since some photo apps automatically create their own albums as soon as you start taking photos with them, you might see others beside the default ones.
- You can now see the “Add” and “Done” buttons in the top bar. Tap on “Add”.
- A pop-up window will now ask to input a name for the album, so enter one and tap on “Save”.
- The next step requires you to add photos in your newly created album. Tap on the album that contains the photos you want to include in the new one. Once you’re inside the desired album, you will be able to select as many photos as you need, in order to add them all at once. Tap on “Done” when all the photos you want to add are selected.
- To add more photos, go inside the newly created album then tap and hold the curved arrow on the topmost right of your screen. Tap on the “Add” button that appears in the bar at the bottom and repeat what you have already done in the previous step to add the other photos. Tap on “Done” when you are finished.
And that’s it. Creating and filling the album directly on the device only took us a few seconds and it’s much quicker than using other methods, such as connecting to iTunes as we used to do in the old iDays — ha!
Be aware that this only works if you have updated your device to the iOS 5 or later. If you are using an older version of the iOS, you can still create albums via iTunes, iPhoto or with the help of other apps available in the App Store.