iSupr8 2.0 is out. New features and a few extras are part of the latest major update for this iPhone and iPad video maker which simulates the look of the old Super 8 format (our full review can be found here). Let’s see what’s new in version 2.0 in detail.
First of all, iSupr8 now offers more editing options. There are four new film simulations that you can purchase (each for $0.99/€0.79/£0.69) + an extra film coming for free with version 2.0:
- Prime-X B&W – Low contrast black and white with subtle sepia tint, for a suggestive and timeless look.
- PenneMaker B&W – High contrast black and white inspired by the rough and extreme documentary style of the 60’s.
- VibraChrome 40 – Warm color effect with red hue in shadows, especially suited for sunny days.
- SuprCrome 40 – Slightly desaturated color effect with a touch of magenta.
- Levi’s Film Workshop (free) – Color effect with a bold indigo hue for emphasizing blues.
Every effect has adjustable settings which are accessible by tapping on the ‘preview’ thumbnail in the app’s development area. You can set vignette, noise, flicker and scratch strength, disable/enable audio, film burn and frame. Your customized settings can be saved as presets.
Among other new features, a revamped design, a selection of FPS rates (12, 18, 24) and improved sharing and community integration (make sure though you have read the Terms of Service and you agree with them before you share via iSupr8 community).
Last but not least, as mentioned above, iSupr8 is currently free in the App Store for a limited time, thanks to Levi’s Film Workshop sponsorship.